Thursday, February 11, 2010

V-day.

I wanted to post a brief blog to direct you all to the V-day website and to encourage everyone to attend a V-day event.

I was introduced to this whole concept while I was in college and the Vagina Monologues were a huge controversial deal. I've since read them, but have never seen an actual performance. Tonight or tomorrow night I hope to attend one at the local college.

I know that the whole idea of talking about vaginas is kind of taboo, but I feel like this piece is a part of a really important movement. I also love the idea that V-day is synonymous with Valentine's Day - a day where people stop and think about the love in their lives, or lack thereof.

The whole V-day concept has taken on a life of it's own and is now advocating for women in countries all around the world as well as raising awareness globally about violence against women.

In light of this, I hope you all will take the time to check out the website and maybe the V-day events near your home to support this cause. It's good stuff. Thanks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...