Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's a Sin to be Boring.

I know.  Be careful what you state in your title, RJ.  Be careful what you state as fact...

Sin... 

It's missing the mark, isn't it?

It's being off the track, off the path, NOT in God's Way.

I've recently finish a study on Inheritance by Beth Moore.  I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the costs to study through and from her, but I understand that the woman has to put food on the table, and I'm not sure that the Church is functioning in a way at present that allows for her to do that without charging for her studies, so I'll put my fat judgmental finger away, and just talk about the things I'm learning.

The biggest thing.  The most important thing is...

You and I are heiresses.

Full blown, off the charts, filthy rich heiresses.

You and I.  Are heiresses.

The Bible is clear.  We have a beautiful inheritance.  An inheritance from The Father to Us. 

Psalm 16:6
"The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance."

It's David speaking, but it applies to all of Mankind.  Those of us who choose to accept this Gift from Our Father.

If you have an inheritance, that makes you an heir.  Since most of you readers are women, that makes you HEIRESSES.

And it's funny.

Beth Moore brought a book to the first week of the study:

 Ah yes.  Paris Hilton explains how to be an heiress.

But it was interesting.

The first 10 things about being an heiress...well...the biggest thing was that your life can't be boring.

I think many of us girls and women think of our lives as nothing special.  Pretty boring, if we're honest with one another and ourselves.  But the thing is, our lives are SUPPOSED to be AMAZING.  ADVENTUROUS.  DARING.  

Everything the opposite of BORING.

We serve a God who is Bigger.  Who is More Powerful.  Who is Almighty.

He is not Boring.  And so...if we are walking in His Way, and we are Heiresses to this Inheritance, we should not be walking around the world like there isn't much to do, say, offer, explore...

God made this great big world and He set us in it to Have our own Adventure.

He is calling each one of us to jump in and experience it!

If we are willing to listen...then...  we will Hear Him.  We will Be Called.

And maybe for some of us our calling will be to do something that other people wouldn't see as adventurous, but for us, it is a HUGE adventure.

For me, having kids is a HUGE adventure.  Every day is different.

I can say a lot of things about my life, but I can't say that I am bored.  That it is boring.

If you are bored.  If your life is boring...  perhaps...  you are doing the wrong thing.

And if you are not on The Path set for you by The King of the Universe...  then perhaps... that boring path... isn't only boring... but is also... a sin.


Is your life an adventure?  Why not?  What is holding you back from living out the adventure set before you?  Do you believe that God has an adventure for all of his Children?  Do you believe you are an Heiress?  What does adventure look like for you?


1 comment:

Heather said...

Awesome, Missy. I must say when we are really walking in faith and in God's will life is NOT boring. Not at ALL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...